11/6/08

A Champion At Heart

French was as boring as always. PE was interesting because we finished our fitness logs and I got a 9:04 mile time, and we finished up playing frisbee. Art was boring, but talking with friends was fun. Laura wasn't there to talk to though. Biology was pretty boring, but I'm glad I was only there for 15 minutes, but it seemed like 30 instead.

Tennis was fun because I beat Rachel (our #3/senior) 9-7. It was pretty close though, but I feel kinda bad because she really wanted to win the game, since this was her last league finals. But as the saying goes, may the best man/woman win. And I guess I was the better player today. So the next round, I played Kimberly (our #1/senior) for 9th/10th place. Although I lost 7-9, I thought that I had accomplished much since starting tennis back way when. In the end, I received nothing but the feeling of accomplishment and glee. Although I received tenth place, its better than not placing at all, because now, I know that I won 10th place among all singles girls in our league. All of the girls were as proud with me as I was with myself because not only did I get 10th place in league finals, but Jessica and I are the only players, besides Rachel Om, that have made it to CIF in their Freshman year. THIS is not only a good thing, but it is a great event in my tennis history. So after that, we left for home and I slept on the way back.

I look foward to tomorrow because its a minimum day and that it's also free-dress day and that it is the end of the first quarter...already! Wow! Well, we still have three more of them to go after tomorrow. Also, I can't wait until Tuesday because I get to go to Disneyland with Johnny and my parents and then it's also the day of CIF for tennis.

Today was filled with happiness and accomplishment and everything is starting to look up now. Today's moral is, no matter what obstacles life puts in front of you, if you push hard enough, your dreams become reality. And this comes from someone who has been there and is passing on her word.



Till then....